|"Even miracles take a little time."
Frozen III is a 2024 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. The 63rd Disney animated feature, the film was directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and with a screenplay written by Lee; the two composed the story with Marc E. Smith and Allison Schroeder, while Paul Briggs served as executive producer. It is a sequel to the 2019 film Frozen II and the third installment in the Frozen franchise. Reprised voices Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Ciarán Hinds, Sterling K. Brown, and Martha Plimpton are joined in by Paul Dano, Olivia Wilde, Casey Affleck, and Gregory Diaz IV.
The film follows Anna, Elsa, and their family as they end up frozen in time and awaken in present day Chicago, Illinois, where they get help from a famous modeler to blend in and avoid being caught by the sheriff of the Chicago Police Department who wants to find out the source of Elsa's magic.
Frozen III had its world premiere at the Dolby Theater on November 3, 2024, before getting a wide release in the United States on November 22, 2024, by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It grossed $1.57 billion worldwide, surpassing its predecessor as the second highest-grossing animated film of all-time, as well as the highest-grossing film of 2024. It received generally positive reviews from critics. At the 101st Academy Awards, the film was nominated for Best Original Song for "Magical Being".
One year following the destruction of the late King Runeard's dam in the second film, the Kingdom of Arendelle and the Enchanted Forest are finally at peace, with the Northuldra people finally seeing the sun during the daytime in the forest. Elsa has recently abdicated the throne, and her sister Anna has become the new Queen, with Kristoff as her King. As Elsa begins to show the Northuldra people her magical powers, the magic itself begins to surge, causing the whole forest to get covered in ice and her, Anna, Olaf, Mattias, and Yelena in a giant ice block. The group then awakens in present day Chicago. Anna, Elsa, and their family decide that, to avoid any issues, they will team up with a famous Chicago modeler named Samantha and disguise themselves to blend in and fit in with the crowd of people, although one, specifically Police Department's cruel and mean-spirited sheriff Lance Mitchells, has suspicions, and desires to figure out the source of where Elsa's magical powers are came from. Meanwhile, things are getting pretty hectic back in Arendelle. As future king, Kristoff is trying to manage the throne in Elsa’s absence, but is having trouble due to his seemingly boundless inexperience in royal matters. And amid the chaos, a growing conspiracy that appears to be headed by Hans, Anna’s previous fiancé, and Lance, a bitter carpenter, is attempting to take down Arendelle’s throne from the inside. Even though Anna’s identity crises, Chicago’s turbulence, and a sentiment against the restricting monarchy of Arendelle all seem to be totally unrelated, could it be possible that there’s one mastermind behind it all?
- Kristen Bell as Anna, the newly crowned Queen of Arendelle and Elsa's younger sister
- Hadley Gannaway as Young Anna
- Idina Menzel as Elsa, the former Queen of Arendelle turned protector and fifth spirit of the Enchanted Forest and Anna's elder sister who possesses magical ice powers
- Mattea Conforti as Young Elsa
- William Franklyn-Miller as Jack Frost
- Jonathan Groff as Kristoff, an ice harvester, the future King of Arendelle, and Anna's fiancé
- Groff also voices Kristoff's reindeer Sven
- Josh Gad as Olaf, a sentient comic relief snowman that was created by Elsa's magic
- Kathy Najimy as Arndelle, an evil witch who wishes to take over the Enchanted Forest as she has the ability to control nature.
- Paul Dano as Lance Mitchells, a carpenter and a resident of Arendelle who wishes to get back at Anna for being mistreated.
- Santino Fontana as Hans Westergaard, the Prince of the Southern Isles who teams up with Lance to get revenge on Anna for being defeated for trying to take over Arendelle in Frozen.
- Martha Plimpton as Yelena, the motherly leader of the Northuldra tribe in the Enchanted Forest.
- Sterling K. Brown as Desin Mattias, the general of Arendelle's army who was once trapped in the Enchanted Forest for over thirty years.
- Chris Williams as Oaken, the owner of Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna.
- Evan Rachel Wood as Iduna, Agnarr's wife and Anna and Elsa's late mother.
- Alfred Molina as Agnarr, Iduna's husband and Anna and Elsa's late father.
- Olivia Wilde as Samantha, the Duchess of Nærøyfjord and Hans' girlfriend.
- Gregory Diaz IV as Rolf, Lance's boss who goes with him to the Enchanted Forest to get back at Anna for being mistreated.
- Casey Affleck as Vance, a mysterious snake-like sixth spirit and the real reason behind Elsa's disappearance.
- Ciarán Hinds as Grand Pabbie, the wise and elderly but fearful leader of the Rock Trolls.
- Jason Ritter as Ryder Nattura, a member of the Northuldra tribe and Honeymaren's brother who shares Kristoff's love of reindeer.
- Rachel Matthews as Honeymaren Nattura, a member of the Northuldra tribe and Ryder's sister who becomes Elsa's new best friend (and possibly, something more...?)
- Billy Eichner as Osvald, the leader of Arendelle's official court counsel.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Princess Kristen Bjorgman of Arendelle, the current Princess of Arendelle.
- Avi angel as Prince Adam Bjorgman of Arendelle, the current Prince of Arendelle.
- Phoenix list as Prince Alexander Tayson of Chicago
- Alexis Magallon as princess Elysium of Arendelle and daughter of Elsa and Jack Frost
- Jayden Bartels As Princess Elise of Arendelle and daughterof Elsa and Jack frost
Noor Habib as Elna, the current Sisters of Arendelle.
- Sadie Sink as Wendy, the current Sisters of Arendelle.
- Taylor Swift as Sally, the current Sisters of Arendelle.
- Chloe Bennett as Milly, the current Sisters of Arendelle.
Additionally, Alan Tudyk provides voices to an archery-shooting member of the Northuldra tribe, Arendelle's residential baker, and another carpenter who is one of Lance's co-workers. Truton briefly voices the Duke of Weselton from the first film in flashbacks at the start of this film depicting his attempts to have Elsa executed. Executive producer Paul Briggs also briefly reprises his role as Marshmallow, a giant snow monster that was created by Elsa's magic.
Pop Princcess Kawaii (2024)